Wednesday, March 13, 2013

CWE (Cooperative Work Experience) IS IT FOR YOU?

Find us on Facebook-Chemeketa Community College-CWE

http://www.chemeketa.edu/programs/cwe/student 



As a Chemeketa Community College student, I'm guessing you don't sit around your kitchen table discussing your career choices before you graduate.  I'm guessing you are just trying to get through each term, register for the right courses, get your financial aid (or not), supporting your family, write the paper that is due tomorrow and simply figuring out your day-to-day routine.  Well, I hate to tell you this but you should be discussing your career from day one at Chemeketa!  Ask yourself these questions-Do I have work experience in the field I am majoring in?  Do I know what career options I have available to me?  Do I understand what employers are looking for besides a degree?  Am I the right fit for the program I am in?  What am I cooking for dinner tonight (oops, that's what I'm thinking)?

Did you know that as a student at Chemeketa Community College, you can get work experience in your field of study while earning credit that transfers and goes towards your degree?  Surprise, you can!  Chemeketa has a dynamite CWE program (AKA-internship type program) where you can do just what I said before.  Earn credit for working in your field study (program of study)!

Sounds too good to be true?  Well, there are a few hoops you  have to jump through, but painless ones.  If you are in a program at Chemeketa, you must be in your second year (2-year program) or third term (1-year program) and hold a 2.5 GPA to qualify for CWE.  If you are working towards a transfer degree, you just have to have 12 credits as a Chemeketa student under your belt and hold a 2.5 GPA.

Call our office at 503-399-5028 or come by our office in Building 2/115-Counseling and Career Services to find out which instructor and coordinator you need to meet with and give yourself a jump start towards your career!

No comments:

Post a Comment